Dear Hawks Players, Families, Friends, & Fans,
As you are likely aware by now, the Ontario Lacrosse Association, along with other organizations in our Province, has issued a halt to all Lacrosse activities in the Province in response to COVID-19 concerns until April 5th, 2020. Oakville Minor Lacrosse fully supports these necessary actions as a means of protecting our membership and the community.
While we are hopeful to be back in action as soon, we will continue to closely monitor the ongoing circumstances and will ensure member and community safety is our first priority. As such we will provide further updates if/as they develop.
Saturday Box Lacrosse House League
- Peanut/Soft Lacrosse Division – no changes – Start date remains Saturday April 11, 2020.
- Paperweight to Midget Division – Assessment date moves to April 11, 2020. All details will be emailed and posted on our website in the next 10 days or sooner if anything changes.
- NEW !! – All currently registered House League players from Tyke to Midget who refer a friend to play in ANY age group/division of House League between now and April 4 will receive a $25 credit (to a maximum of $125 – 5 referrals). Simply have your friend signup, and have them indicate your registered child’s name in the REFERRED BY field. Credits will be issued by June 30, 2020.
- NEW !! – All currently registered Paperweight House League players (2014/2015) who refer a friend to play Paperweight House League (2014/2015) between now and April 4 will receive a free stick! Quantities are limited to 20 sticks so refer your friends now! Simply have your friend signup, and indicate your registered child’s name in the REFERRED BY field. Maximum of one stick per currently registered player.
- Play with a Friend – All players can request ONE friend to play with provided the request is mutual and both parties complete the form before March 30. To request a friend, please have both parties visit the REQUEST A FRIEND form and complete this as soon as possible. Email requests can not be accepted. Multiple requests will be deleted.
We remind all Hawks families of the following when our programming begins:
- Should your child be showing signs of any form of illness (i.e. colds, runny nose, any indication of fever, etc.) please keep them at home. Any child attending any training session or event that appears ill, will be sent home. No exceptions.
- Please also ensure that your child has his or her own water bottle (CLEARLY LABELLED) and sharing of any water bottles, mouthguards, spraying teammates or any areas with water bottles is strictly forbidden.
- If you/your child has travelled in the two weeks prior to any session please do not attend for the safety of other members.
- We ask that you limit attendance for watching to the necessary minimum (or drop off and pick up only where practical) and to observe the recommended distancing, hand hygiene / coughing and sneezing etiquette.
Should you have any questions or concerns at this time please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please encourage your children to get their stick in their hands, get fresh air, exercise, eat healthy and get plenty of rest. We are confident that the season will start before we know it and couldn’t be more excited to see our Hawks doing what they love!
Oakville Minor Lacrosse Association