OLA policy clarification on trainer's certification and equivalences:
- Any St. John Ambulance Emergency First Aid course of 8 hours (or more)
- Canadian Red Cross Standard First Aid & Basic Rescuer CPR course
- Sport Alliance of Ontario/Canadian Red Cross Sport First Aid course
- Ontario Hockey Trainer's Certification Program
- A professional designation (examples: MD; Rn; Policeman; Fireman)
From the above, please be clear CPR (as stand alone certification) is NOT an equivalency.
The OLA recognizes only on trainer per team to address those specific activities (activities which would not include coaching athletes).
A photocopy of a trainer certification card (provided by the above groups) should be attached to the OLA Registration form.