Junior C General Manager Position
Oakville Minor Lacrosse Association welcomes a new Junior C team this year! Our Junior C Lacrosse team will have a Management Staff that includes a General Manager, 2-3 coaches, an Athletic Therapist/Trainer and an Equipment Manager.
The OMLA is seeking a General Manager with the following minimum qualifications:
- Proven ability to work within a set team budget
- Ability to develop and promote a new team
- Act a liaison between OMLA and the OLA Jr C council
- Able to communicate effectively with team staff, athletes and families, and OMLA board of directors
- Knowledge and understanding of team organization
- Proven ability to work in team environment
- Proven ability to successfully manage an elite sports team
- Proven ability to successfully cope with deterrents and hardships in a competition
- Knowledge & experience dealing with & managing conflict
- Meet screening requirements including a Criminal Record Check
As a General Manager your role is key to the formation of the Management Staff and you will be responsible for and held accountable for the selection of the other members of the Management Staff. Your experience and knowledge of lacrosse will be essential to forming a successful and cohesive Junior C team.