lady hawks girls field lacrosse rep program
February 1, 2021
Despite the current uncertainty, we are working hard behind the scenes to be able to hit the ground running as soon as we are able. Our current hope is to begin in April.
Thank you to all of you that completed our rep 2021 return to rep play survey before the holidays. It is clear from your great response that we are all eager to return to the Lacrosse fields and competition as soon as we can.
Offering rep team programs for girls and women ages 8 - 18+. See below for further details.
Thank you for considering the Lady Hawks rep program. Below you will find several pieces of useful information to help determine if rep lacrosse is appropriate for your daughter and family.
Players must be registered online with the proper documentation prior to tryouts.
As with other rep sports, to play on a rep team, a family needs to consider the level of commitment they can offer the team and take this into careful consideration before trying out. We ask that once you commit to the team, that lacrosse doesn't become second to another rep sport.
2021 Rep Program
Rep team tryouts are typically held in April for U11-U19. Rep teams practices will be begin with several indoor practices after tryouts then moving outdoors for the regular practice schedule in the first week of May.
Rep teams will practice twice per week during the outdoor season.
Rep teams compete against other centres in Southern Ontario in the Ontario Womens Field Lacrosse (OWFL) league. OWFL games begin in late May and conclude in late July or early August depending on the age division. Games are played mainly on weekends throughout Southern Ontario.
Rep Team Costs
** U11 - U19 players trying out for a rep team that are not placed on a rep team after tryouts may request to have their registration transferred to a house league team where an equivalent age category exists in the House League.
Dates and times: TBD
In order to tryout:
- a player must be registered completely online including the proper documentation for the season;
- MUST SUBMIT A COMPLETED REP COMMITMENT SURVEY PRIOR TO TRYOUTS;
- We expect that players attend each tryout date, but at minimum, must attend one and communicate with the rep director to obtain approval prior to absence;
- ATTIRE: Each player is asked to wear mouthguard, goggles and running shoes. PLEASE DO NOT WEAR REP UNIFORMS OR PINNIES FROM THE PREVIOUS SEASON. Players will be provided with numbered pinnies for tryouts
Lady Hawks 2021 Coaches
2021 Practice Days
OWFL Weekend Days of Play for 2021 - teams typically play two games on their day of play
OWFL Tentative Game Dates and Locations - SUBJECT TO CHANGE
** Some teams may also play some mid-week games
** Teams may also be scheduled to play in one US tournament in lieu of one of the regular season weekends
Do not double book your player on practice night or game day with another spring/summer activity (i.e. 3 v 3 hockey, soccer).
You will be asked to report conflicts you might have of the following nature:
1. conflicts early in the season (in April and beginning of May) with winter activities that are ending (hockey tryouts/dance competitions/basketball playoffs) nonetheless every effort should be made even in this time period to make lacrosse the priority);
2. any family functions that absolutely cannot be missed during the season (i.e. weddings).
3. If your daughter is playing boys field and/or box lacrosse and/or girls box lacrosse please complete the commitment form and contact me to discuss prior to tryouts.
Apart from those types of conflicts full commitment to practices and games are expected if you are trying out for a rep team.
If you cannot attend provincials you will not be eligible for a rep team.
If you need to discuss please contact email@example.com