Firstly, we would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our players, coaches, managers, trainers, parents and volunteers for being part of Oakville Lacrosse in 2019. Without the dedication and commitment you bring in various capacities to this great game, we would not be able to bring lacrosse to youth in Oakville and surrounding areas.
In order to continue to bring lacrosse to our community, we would like to invite all OLMA members to our Annual General Meeting (AGM). The 2019 OMLA AGM is set for Wednesday, October 23rd at 7:30 p.m. in Meeting Room A at the TRAC. All members in good standing can nominate and vote on the following positions that are up for appointment:
- President: two (2) year term
- Vice President, Lady Hawks: two (2) year term
- Vice President, Operations: two (2) year term and/or Vice President, House League: two (2) year term
- Members at Large: (four (4) or five (5) positions available): one (1) year term each
Descriptions of each position will be posted on social media in the upcoming days or you may reach out to the secretary for more information should you be interested in a position.
Two amendments will be proposed for the membership to vote on which include;
- Notice of Amendment to remove VP, HL and add VP, Operations; and
- Notice of Amendment to change of title from VP Rep to VP Boys Box and Field
Regarding the Member at Large positions (x4 or 5), the OMLA is ideally looking for members that can provide specific expertise to each of the suggested roles (see below). While this is preferred, the board will accept all nominations and review them accordingly.
- Privacy (managing CRC processes)
- Sponsorship & Promotion (advertising, social media, seeking out sponsors, etc.)
- Fundraising & Volunteers (managing BBQs, seeking out volunteers for tournaments, creating new volunteering/fundraising initiatives to support the OMLA, etc.)
- Tournaments (planning tournaments, resources, liaising with teams – including Bud Donovan, Final Six, Field Tournaments, etc.)
- Lacrosse Development (supporting coaches, player development, referee support, bringing consistency between levels/age groups, etc.)
Anyone seeking a nomination or wishing to nominate a fellow member needs to submit the nomination to the OMLA Secretary, Katie Malone, in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Friday, October 18th at 11:59 p.m.
In addition to seeking active board members, the OMLA is always looking for volunteers to help with various responsibilities throughout the year including Registrar, Referee in Chief, Scheduler, House League Convenors, Rep Convenors and more. If you or someone you know is interested in helping, please contact the secretary.
Please direct any questions about the AGM to the secretary, otherwise you’ll continue to receive reminders about this important meeting in the coming weeks.
Yours in lacrosse,
OMLA Board of Directors