Lacrosse - a truly canadian sport!
- One season of play per year runs April to June
- Open to all boys and girls born in 2001 to 2014 inclusive
- There is a clear developmental progression from the Peanut group all the way up to Midget, in both skill and allowable contact
- Comprehensive program offering both box (indoor) and field (outdoor) lacrosse for 2010 and older
- An excellent way to improve hand/eye coordination
- Designed to develop the skills of all players with a per-player goal limit and a strict equal play time policy
- A fun way to stay active
TRY IT IN THE OFF-SEASON!
Players aged 5 to 12 are welcome to participate in our Box Lacrosse Skill Development Drop-in Program offered before the season begins.
Details about the 2017/2018 clinics will be posted as they become available.
No pre-registration, no experience and minimal equipment is required.
Top hockey players credit lacrosse with helping develop their game
“…I was absolutely ecstatic to see the end of the hockey season. One of the worst things to happen to the game, in my opinion, has been year-round hockey and, in particular, summer hockey... I could hardly wait to get my lacrosse stick out and start throwing the ball against the walls and working on our moves as we played the lacrosse equivalent to road hockey. All the good hockey players seemed to play lacrosse in those days and everyone of them learned something from the game to carry over to the other - things athletes can only learn by mixing up the games they play when they are young.”
~ Wayne Gretzky
“There is no question that lacrosse helped me become a better all-round athlete…”
Help Wanted and very much needed!
Oakville Lacrosse House League is run solely by a very small team of volunteers. There are many ways that you can help out behind the scenes, with various levels of time commitments. If you can help, please contact me at email@example.com. Your time is appreciated!